<VV> EM Cowel shake

Richard Suckow ssuckow at bmi.net
Sat Sep 23 19:52:36 EDT 2006

I agree Em Convertables are rock solid on the road, my 64 spyder has 86k on the clock and has never shown aproblem like this until last summer when  a local tire shop installed a new set of radials to replace the 25 year old tires and inflated them to 36+ psi needless to say the car wa all over the road. I had told the "kid" instaling the tires to inflate to 22-24 psi front and 30-32 rear. I would check for rust on the hubs, and also check for bent rims! any tire shop can bend wheels if they do not pay attention whem removing and installing tires. I had a national retailer bend 3 on my dodge grand caravan, and it will have the same effect. I also remember some of the earlier gm wheels that would break at the inner edge of the bead area which would cause a vibration (40s- 50s) however havent seen it happen for years.

Richard Suckow
columbiabasincorvairs at hotmail.com