<VV> Flooding problem?

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Sep 23 21:06:52 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,
    You are right, it is in the carburetor. There are 2 possibilities: 1.- Check the float for any gasoline on the inside by shaking it (out of the carb) and/or dry it out and watch for any trace of gas coming for the inside. 2.- If the float is ok, go for the inlet valve which could allow gas to enter (while closed) for, at least 3 reasons. A.- Bad sealing between plunger and seat. B.- Some dirt trapped between plunger and seat due to poor gas filtering. C.- Loose valve body or bad/no gasket to carb top.
   Hope this help

   Daniel Monasterio

<<I've got the top of the carb off, and it's
full of gas. I'm assuming something's wrong with the carb. I recently
rebuilt them after a 15 yr. rest. What should I be looking for? Am I
right about it being the carb?>>