<VV> Economy Runs

Arthur B artandnancyb at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 15:15:21 EDT 2006

Back in the mid 1980's I joined Corsa and Corsa West.  I noticed that Corsa West had one or two economy runs a year followed by a picnic so as our daughters were still at home then I thought we would enter and enjoy the day.  I was shocked at the extent that people went to to try to win such as pushing the car to the gas pump etc.  We just looked at it as another Sunday outing.  At the end I was quite surprised as I won the Late stick shift and the overall at 33+ mpg.  I did nothing such as over inflating tires. The tune up was just as I always had it set.  In the following years I entered several more and always won,  but if I didn't, it would not have made any difference as I was always taught with regard to things "Is it here to serve you or are you here to serve it"   I haven't driven the car for several years ( to hard for my left leg to use the clutch)  It runs and I do move it from time to time as it is blocking my RV.  Back in 1964 my mother had not driven in
 several years so she and my father bought it new in Dec. 1964   After a couple of hundred miles or so she decided that she really did not want to drive anymore so my father drove it until his 84Th birthday in 1971 when they gave it to me.  My wife used it to drive to work and then we towed it behind a motor home.  I did want to give it to our granddaughter for her 16Th birthday next April but she does not want it and her mother does not want her to have it.  My wife and I are both in our 80"s and have no interest in  it.  How much did it cost new?? I have my mother's canceled check for $2,400 including tax and registration.  I know my other daughter's husband would have loved it but he passed away a couple of years ago, so it sits in my driveway rusting away ( I have repaired most of the rust)  Well that is my 65 4 door Monza 110.

Arthur Balazs
89 Monaco Crown Royale 8.3 Cummins
Saturn 2000LW2 V6,