<VV> Question about noises and stuff

John Headley robedinpurple at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 20:41:06 EDT 2006

Hello all,

Been lurking.  I have been driving my vair a bunch
lately and want to fix some issues that are annoying
me and need correcting.

First, I have a rythmic noise that comes from the
right rear wheel area.  FFFFFT FFFFT FFFT.  It goes
with vehicle wheel speed, not with engine speed.
Doesn't seem to change with application of brakes vs.
not and doesn't seem to change with in gear vs. out of
gear.  I plan to take off the drum and have a look,
but is this something that could be u-joints?  When I
had some help putting in a new engine from my DACC
buddies, we used an "ultra" axle stub on that side
during assembly.

Second, my brake pedal falls while sitting still.  I
haven't noticed a loss of performance while stopping,
but when I sit, the pedal falls.  Fluid stays full.  I
think this means M.C. rebuild time.  Is this true?  If
so, I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who used the
Clark's double master conversion kit.  If I'm getting
into this, I'm going with a double M.C.

Appreciate any and all help.  Please copy me direct,
as VV is hard to keep up with lately!

Thanks,
-John Headley
Torrance, CA