<VV> Question about noises and stuff

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Sep 27 07:24:47 EDT 2006

The noise could be a u-joint or wheel bearing, ask fellow club members
to lend an ear. Do remove the drum and see if any parts are falling out
(spring retainers can fall off).

Yes, this is a failed master cylinder. Soon it will not hold pressure
except for a split second.

I have installed three of the dual master cylinder kits, in 1965, 1964
and 1962 cars. No issues, just need a 7/16" or so drill bit. I don't
know if you southern west coasters replace steel brake lines, but I
always do at this time because of rust issues. Also the four rubber
brake hoses get changed as I have had many become one way valves which
lock up one wheel. Must be an internal rubber breakdown. I also use
silicone fluid with these system overhauls, never a problem, just
trouble free years of service. Others have a different opinion!

Frank DuVal