<VV> a survey of the masses.... what do YOU use?

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Sep 28 00:35:31 EDT 2006

Hey Guys and Gals,
The seats in the 69 are original, and blue.... I swapped some stuff with a
guy who had some very nice (unripped) 69 Monza seats and door panels, and I've
been trying to clean out the 25 years of dirt that the seats have accumulated
 while in his garage.... I'm going to install the rear seat-back first, as
I've  been cleaning it for the last 2 days... using a combination of "spray 'n
wash"  and a squirt bottle of water, and a toothbrush and a hairbrush to get
the dirt  out og the little-bitty-teeny-weeny oval dimples in the upholstery....
anyone  know of a better method?
Also, what product have you guys used on the upholstery to keep it from
cracking? Please don't say a garage, as I don't have one.... not yet... it will
be sometime after next spring, if it's that soon.... I don't think Armor All is
 good (heard bad stuff a while back)... but is there anything you guys have
used  for several (5+) years and swear by? (not swear AT)... remember, this car
is NOT  garaged, and no tinted windows.... (yet)...
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a bunch!
Oh, I might not use all the stuff I got..... the upholstery is the original
blue 68-69 style Monza seats and panels... if anyone is interested in any of
the  stuff I don't use, I might let it go cheap... real cheap if you want to
come  pick it up... but I gotta use what I need, first.
Anyway, let me know.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg