<VV> a survey of the masses.... what do YOU use?

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Thu Sep 28 08:11:28 EDT 2006

>Also, what product have you guys used on the upholstery to keep it from
>cracking? Please don't say a garage, as I don't have one.... not yet... it will
>be sometime after next spring, if it's that soon.... I don't think Armor All is
> good (heard bad stuff a while back)... but is there anything you guys have
>used  for several (5+) years and swear by? (not swear AT)... remember, this car
>is NOT  garaged, and no tinted windows.... (yet)...

If you can't keep it in a garage, at least put a quality cover on it.
That will protect from the sun more than anything. Or even better,
Harbor Freight has a temporary garage for $200 . (I've seen these in the
local stores for $150). That's likely cheaper than a quality outdoor
cover and will protect better.

For the protectant, there is 303 Aerospace and then there is everything
else.

 http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/72461/0/0/aerospace/All_2/mode+matchallpartial/0/0

This is the stuff used by all the high end cars... it is not
artificially shiny, not greasy, and, most importantly, has an effective
UV screen (sunblock) designed in.

The only downside is the price... and it's not real easy to find. Very
popular with the boating crowd (it even protects gelcoat), so West
Marine carries it.

Bill