<VV> FS: '61 Lakewood 500 with '64 4-speed powertrain

angrycorvair at aol.com angrycorvair at aol.com
Fri Sep 29 15:00:29 EDT 2006

Location:   Plymouth MI.     Price:   $500 OBO

Hi All --

I have come to the realization that I will not get my wagon finished anytime soon, so I'm bailing out on it.   I've already bought something that I can enjoy right away, so the wagon must go soon.   I'm in it about $800 plus a ton of labor.

'61 Lakewood 500, with a '64 110/4 powertrain and '64 front and rear suspensions.   Front bar is not present.   No gas tank.    I was in the midst of a four-wheel disc brake conversion, so I have removed all four drum brake assemblies, but I can easily reinstall them for you.   Unfortunately I cut the rubber brake hoses at all four corners, but they were way old anyway and should really be replaced before this car becomes a driver.

Exterior sheetmetal is quite good, with some small rust holes at the bottom of the front fenders.    Trunk floor is solid.   This sheetmetal is hidden by some awful paint, seven layers from what I could tell by sanding to bare metal in a few spots.   Right side has been sanded smooth and painted dark grey primer.

Floors are soft, and will need to be repaired or replaced, but are not as bad as some i've seen.   I believe there's enough floor left that patching is possible.

Interior is complete but in poor condition.

There's no key cylinder in the ignition switch.   Was not there when I got the car.

Clear Michigan Title in my name.

I've never attempted to start the engine, but I heard it run when a friend of mine was driving it onto his trailer to bring it to MI from CO.

Will include a set of ten-spoke 16" Konig aluminum wheels with well-worn 215/40 Pirelli radials.    Can also include a complete set of 205/55-16 Falken Azenis RT215 summer/autocross tires.   Will also include the stock 13" steel wheels with tires, but i think only three out of the four will hold air.   Two are new and two were on the car when i got it.

Longer wheel studs have been installed to accomodate the additional thickness of the aluminum wheels and the disc brake centers which are about 1/4" thicker than the drums.   Hub ODs have been turned down on lathe to accomodate off-the-shelf brake rotors for the four-wheel disc conversion.

Anyway, it's too nice to junk, but I don't have time to part it out so I'd like to get rid of it whole.   $500 OBO

Pix available on request, call my cell 734-634-6566 to discuss.    I have a tow dolly, so delivery within a couple hundred miles of zip 48170 (@ $0.50 per mile one-way) can be done after payment is made.

patrick aka AngryCorvair at AOL.com