<VV> Portable Air Conditioning

vpersh at netzero.com vpersh at netzero.com
Fri Sep 29 12:42:43 EDT 2006

We ran a Coleman roof mounted evap cooler on our Greenbrier for years. It was kind of stylish and looked okay (http://www.persh.org/Corvairs/Greenbrier.htm) and worked fairly well in the dry Arizona heat. I put a water tank under the back seat with a pump that fed water up to the unit. On a trip, I would have to fill it up about every time time I stopped for gas. Eventually, the parts to keep it working properly became unavailable and rather than plug the hole I had to cut in the roof, I put in a sun roof. Don't get me wrong, it didn't put out ice cold air but it sure made things a lot better!