<VV> NECC choice of track day at Convention

Harry Jensen, CORSA Executive Secretary corsa at corvair.org
Tue Apr 3 13:44:54 EDT 2007

Hi--

We are trying to limit the time people stay at the convention hotel. With
the old schedule, we forced people to get to the convention site on Sunday,
run the NECC event on Monday, sit for a day, and then the convention starts
Wednesday with the Concours.

The main reason that the NECC event was held on Mondays is that the CORSA
Board Meeting was on Tuesday, and those folks wanted to compete in the NECC
event. So, the Board voted to move its Board meeting to Monday, have the
NECC event on Tuesday, and the Concours on Wednesday.

We think that if we can limit the number of days people have to have a room
at the hotel, we will increase our participation at the banquet. Ever since
we changed the schedule to have the Concours on Wednesday, the banquet
participation has declined.

Chuck, scheduling is all about numbers. The Concours draws 65 competitors;
the NECC event draws what 50? Those who compete in both those events is
minimal.

Do you have to enter 'Darth' in the NECC event? Can't you pull a 'Seth'
<VBG> and borrow a car?

--H