<VV> Oil pressure

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Apr 4 22:42:28 EDT 2007

Wait a minute, did I miss something? Ebarr said "Well its not the oil pressure, I installed a gauge and get 34-35 psi at  idle
and 38-40 psi at well above idle."

So I do not think he has HIGH or Unregulated oil pressure!

A stuck regulator piston can develop enough pressure to blow the oil filter up. Not explode, just inflate the filter like a baloon until the gasket blows out and oil goes everywhere. Think 100 psig plus....

I think I used a tap to catch the piston and remove it. Just like a tap will remove the stuck power piston when rebuilding the Rochester carbs.

Frank DuVal