<VV> Oil pressure

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Apr 5 01:10:27 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/4/2007 7:43:14 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

Wait a  minute, did I miss something? Ebarr said "Well its not the oil
pressure, I  installed a gauge and get 34-35 psi at  idle
and 38-40 psi at well  above idle."

So I do not think he has HIGH or Unregulated oil  pressure!

Wait a minute here too.....The oil pressure at idle is WAY too high in my
opinion!!!

Either you're using 140 weight oil, or there is something wrong.  A  hot idle
pressure should run around 15-20 psi. An idle pressure this high  indicates a
blocked  or restricted passage (no oil flow)

Regards,
Bob Helt