<VV> The 3 Greatest Corvair Improvements

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Sat Apr 7 23:32:40 EDT 2007

1) CORSA
2) Corvair Vendors
3) Digital Cameras

Bill Hubbell

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of corvairs
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 11:56 AM
To: Virtualvairs
Subject: <VV> The 3 Greatest Corvair Improvements

Since we're playing games how about this one -

What are the greatest Corvair improvements? I have 3.
1)Viton O rings
2) Pertronix electronic Ignition
3) Bolted flywheels (also Palmer hot riveted flywheels)

What would you add to the list?
The rules -

The impovement MUST solve a recognized Corvair problem. That's why, for
example, radial tires (often on this list) doesn't count. While they
make the Corvair handle better, the Corvair did not have a handling
problem prior to thier acceptance. This also rules out synthetic oil
(sorry Amsoil pushers) because the use of regular motor oil is NOT a
Corvair problem.

The improvement MUST fix a general problem common in both earlies and
lates. So magnesium blower fans and alternator charging systems, while
critical improvements to early model Corvairs wouldn't count.

The improvement must be aftermarket - Taking the 2 examples just
mentioned, those were upgrades provided by the factory on subsequent years.

Rule #4, is the most important. You cannot spend the next 2 weeks and
400 posts arguing about the rules.

I can defend my choice of 3

I'm curious if I've left something off my list?

Lon
www.corvairunderground.com
the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org