<VV> The 3 Greatest Corvair Improvements

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Sat Apr 7 22:17:58 EDT 2007

Opening up head fin air passages.  Although perhaps a lack of quality
control or lack of knowledge of how important the flashing is to impeding
air flow and therefore proper cooling, the general acceptance and knowledge
that it is extremely important to Deflash, stands with the correction of the
result of heat effects on rubber (Viton) and the correction of a loose
flywheel (bolts vs. factory rivets). Solves  the main cause of overheating,
applies to all years and to all uses of the Corvair engine, is done by after
market means (shade tree labor LOL!), and doesn't argue about the rules.

Secondly, of all the techniques to properly adjust something, like a carb,
or diff, the properly (loose) adjustment of the fan belt may not exactly fit
the rules, but it sure is next in importance.

Chuck S
BBRT