<VV> Longest Vair trip in a day

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 8 15:59:33 EDT 2007

My longest drive was from San Diego, California to Abilene, Texas....26
hours, one driver.....me.  About 1200 miles at 55mph.

It was cold during the time of year along much of the trip and in many
places below freezing.   I made the trip in the Greenbrier before it was
restored so it had lots of leaks around the doors and windows.  That was
back when I had a cheap set of headers on it and it was my luck to have the
gaskets blowout about a 3rd of the way.  I had to make a decision to freeze
or get stoned off the exhaust.  I alternated between the two and when I
finally got to Abilene, I had one hell of a headache and was sick to my
stomach.  The foolish things you do when you're young.....

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!