<VV> Longest Vair trip in a day

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Sun Apr 8 16:19:24 EDT 2007

The best I think I can come up with in one day is from Memphis to San
Antonio which is about 740 miles.  This was in the 61 Lakewood in the
80s.  The most I can remember making in a day in my 66 Monza was the
rather regular trip between Morristown TN and Hampton Rds Va in the
70s...a quick 500 miles or so.  Both of these cars did heavy interstate
travel and were faithful and reliable for many years of service.

The longest I've ever driven non stop wasn't in a Corvair; it was in
my 86 Chevy Silverado with the twin tanks/32 gallons total...9 hours
straight solo and about 600 miles to the truck stop just short of the
VA/MD border on I-81...and no...no diapers...just didn't drink much of
anything the day I left.  This was so I could make Carlisle PA
fairgrounds on a tight schedule...made it btw...trip back was more
leisurely.

Mark Noakes