<VV> Longest Vair trip in a day

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Apr 8 20:57:15 EDT 2007

April 1965 my new bride and I drove from Augusta, GA to Albuquerque,
NM stopping for only gas and food in her new 1965 Corsa
convertible.  The distance at that time (before interstates) about
1,950 miles.   We made it in just over 40 hours (what speed
limits?).  We would have made it quicker but my wife was four months
pregnant with a touch of morning sickness.  I had several stops
several times to empty the plastic trash receptacle.   I was on my
delayed honeymoon visiting relatives when I received notification my
NCOIC had died.  The young first lieutenant, the OIC, though it
important to be at the base for the funeral.  I made it to the base
with 5 hours to spare.  Someone say something about being young,
invincible, and stupid.
Jim Davis