<VV> 3 Greatest Corvair Improvements

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 9 02:02:45 EDT 2007

I'll go for Viton o-rings, Yeah!

But Pertronix, naw -- just learn how to properly replace points at the
recommended oem service interval and it really wasn't a problem --
inconvenient, maybe, but not a problem -- they work fine!  (Now that
darned points plate though ... )

I think the next biggest Corvair thing that has helped us all is the
coming of age of the our aftermarket Corvair specialty suppliers -- "The
Vendors" -- during the Eighties, if you needed stuff like
weather-stripping, you were just flat out of luck (the decade after GM
stripped the remaining Corvair parts from it's inventory), but by the
Nineties, these things were available again through the efforts of the
vendors.

Third, is all the reproduction parts, whichever one it is that *you*
need at the moment to keep your Corvair on the road -- they are all
important -- not the neat specialty or go-fast stuff, just the nuts and
bolts and motor mounts and harmonic balancers and weather-stripping and
axle bearings and such that you need to keep your car (or van) (or
Ultra) on the road.

And Virtual Vairs!

Thanks, guys!

Bill Strickland