<VV> Longest Vair trip in a day

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 02:03:11 EDT 2007

My longest one day trip in a Corvair was from Williams, AZ to somewhere  just
east of Oklahoma City, slightly over 920 miles. This was in 1970. It  was
snowing so bad that the Dennys in Williams was closed at 5:00 am When we  left in
my 65 Corsa 140. I was the only driver. My "X" did not drive a stick  shift
and was 5 months pregnant. The only mishap happened while I was passing a  semi
going up a hill. The whole windshield wiper arm on the passenger side  popped
off and ended up resting on the trunk lid. I pulled off on the shoulder  to
put it back on, caught up with the truck and passed it again. When we got to
Oklahoma City, we had finally out run the snow. The trip took about 20  hours
including meals and rest stops.

Dan Terry
1965 Corsa 140 coupe
Corvair Atlanta