<VV> Re: **SPAM: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 27, Issue 22

Phil Brandt f111a at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 9 13:33:51 EDT 2007

Subject: Longest one-driver, one-day trip in a Corvair.

Across the Bitteroots from Spokane, WA to Billings, MT, December 1966, in
the snow, in my brand-new, Lemonwood Yellow '66 Corsa 3 spd. , following
graduation from USAF Survival School at Fairchild. So sleepy that I had to
roll down all the windows (cold!) and blare the AM radio. Going through
Montana in the night, I straddled what I thought was a piece of ice, only to
find out that it was a rock, which jammed my throttle linkage wide open.
Made some quick-and-dirty repairs and limped into a small garage which,
luckily, was still open.  Put 'er up on the lift, removed the tunnel pan and
did a proper fix. Next day I continued on to Pittsburgh PA.

Phil Brandt
CORSA since 1971