<VV> April Fools and Incredo Products

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Mon Apr 9 18:46:04 EDT 2007

I want to toss in my observation on the current noise
about our April Foolishness. Taking a historical
perspective on this, I remember when the April jokes
centered around silly ads for non-products offered by a
non-existent company called Incredo Products. I think
Larry Claypool and the late Pete Skony were the brains
behind this good natured fun. I first saw these spoofs in
the CCE newsletter, "the Airhorn". We even changed the
name for the April issue to "The Airblast" just for grins.
The Incredo Products ads were great. No one in the CCE
ever sent any money to 1313 1/2 Lost in Mail Lane in
Somewhere, NJ for this stuff. I always looked forward to
the April issue to see what Larry and Pete had cooked up.
Later on in my CCE career I was able to publish some
Incredo ideas of my own, by the originals were the best.
Maybe we shouldn't joke about products or services that
the members might actually want to buy? As for me, I still
want a can "Sludge-O-Matic" whatever that was supposed to
do to or for your 'Vair. - Pete Koehler - sometime
Communique Feature Editor