<VV> OIL FILTERS AND STARTER SNOUTS

Vic Howard vichoward at frontiernet.net
Mon Apr 9 20:24:37 EDT 2007

Several years ago I purchased the adaptors that Clarks sells to enable me to use a variety of brands and filter sizes for both my Corvairs. I made a hand written list that they used to publish in their catalog but they no longer do so. Does anyone have that list or another so I can restock my suppy of filters?
My other question is relating to starter snouts. I recently broke the snout on my starter and after a "fishing" expedition with a flexible grabber, I was able to retrieve the broken piece from the bottom of the bell housing. What could cause the snout to break? I converted this car to a four speed two years ago and purchased a rebuilt flywheel and pressure plate from Corvair Underground.
Could the starter be the problem?
Vic Howard
66 Monza coupe
61 Rampside