<VV> Re: The 3 Greatest Corvair Improvements (Blower Bearing)

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 9 23:56:13 EDT 2007

I have to admit, I've found the later, larger bearing more durable.  So much
so that I consider it a valuable upgrade when I happen to have one apart to
go ahead and change to the larger bearing.  I agree with Ron though about
not needing a quick change bearing in this location.  It is rare for it to
fail without many, many miles of warning.  IMO having a quick change fan
bearing would be about as useful to a Corvair owner as a quick change water
pump bearing would be to a water pumper car.  Makes the job easier but how
often do you really need to do it?

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!