<VV> RE: DMV and titles (No Corvair)

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Tue Apr 10 15:13:50 EDT 2007

I helped a friend do a conversion on a 70 Challenger from a hard top to a
convertible. We did take every single piece from a convertible that made it
a convertible to do the transfer. Also took plenty of pictures along the
way. Took the pictures to the DMV to get the registration changed from
hardtop to convertible, took a very long time as they didn't want to do it
because the VIN number clearly showed it was a hardtop! Showed pictures,
offered to go get the car and trailer it over to prove it was a
convertible. Finally the county clerk got the job done but not until after
the line at the DMV was at a virtual standstill.

One time when transfering plates from one car to another, a car that was in
the family since new. The car turned up on the hot sheet, so they wouldn't
register it. It had never been stolen.......Turned out the VIN number on
our registration had been wrong since it left the dealer and 2 consecutive
cars in NY had been registered with the same number. Took one of them to be
stolen for anyone to notice.

Gary Swiatowy

From: Connie Brummer <hanssmom at cox.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Ohio Title humor

The highly motivated court house employees here in Iowa titled the 65 Corsa
as a Corsica.    I had to produce a copy of the previous owners title to
convince them I actually knew what I owned and correct the title.

Connie