<VV> Fan Bearing Failure

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 18:21:50 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/10/2007 2:40:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
airvair at richnet.net writes:

> I beg your pardon! Mine failed in less than 100 miles. Went from no
> noise at all to screaming like a banshee, and I was babying it as it got
> louder and louder. They do NOT give months or years of warning! They can
> and do fail without warning.

Mark, no one called you a liar....   99.9% of us have never had that
happen.....and have known people who drove their Vairs with the howl for years...

Technically a light loaded roller bearing as used in our Vairs should never
fail from USE in such a quick time.... YOURS was DEFECTIVE!!  plain and simple!

Defective parts usually fail catastrophically!

But I'm with you....if you are a traveler....like Smitty......an American-pi
unit is well worth the $$$....

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
lots of info!