<VV> May 2007 issues Popular Hot Rodding/ Hemmings Classic Car

Tamias Metis korvayrouille66 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 23:17:03 EDT 2007

Earlier I referred to the Chevy II as poorly engineered by GM---later meaning developed after the Corvair  as a Falcon fighter, the Chevy II introduced for '62.   The 1962 - 1967 Chevy II 's suffer from a horrible front suspension,  this car with the factory small block handles/steers  among the worst of any GM car of the sixties,  with the inline six or four it was little better.  The 1968 and later Chevy II /Nova is among the most solidly designed and rock solid dependable products that GM ever built.  This platform was used in the 1976-1979 Cad. Seville which was Caddy's premier vehicle at the time.  I had one of the earliest 1976 Sevilles that came out in the spring of 1975.  Its 350 Olds engine had GM's first use of Electronic Fuel Injection which was Bosch's under license.   Really good car except for its problematic climate control air conditioning system.  Sorry about the confusion but I stand by my criticism of the Chevy II  ('62-'67).      Tamias Metis