Front drivers, was: <VV>Used to be Novas and Vairs

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Apr 13 14:53:27 EDT 2007

>You two missed the guy's original point, that there was NO tunnel on a
>front driver. Only one I know of that to be true is the original
>Toronado, etc.

No, my point was specific "there is no driveshaft tunnel needed.". There
are other reasons for a tunnel: wiring, exhaust, ducting, cables,
brakelines, gas tank (Fiero), rigidity, etc. but generally are not as large
as for a driveshaft

Also there are a number of small RVs that are front or rear drive and have
a low, flat central passageway: both FWD ( Lesharo, Rialta) and pushers
(Ultravan, Vixen).

Padgett