<VV> Novas and Vairs

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Fri Apr 13 09:15:32 EDT 2007

>------------------------------
<snip>
And when you do break
the drive wheels loose, it's going to slide off wherever it wants. With
rear drive, you will still have some semblence of steering control,
which may make the difference between hitting a bridge abuttment or
missing it. I say no thank you to FWD. To each his own.....

-Mark

I've driven FWD cars since I started driving (1976) and I've driven near bridges and I've NEVER run into a bridge abuttment or anything else for that matter.  How's that for anectdotal evidence for ya?

FWD is forgiving and typically has lots of understeer but I don't think that equates to not being fun to drive.  I loved driving my '85 Golf on windy roads.  Just because I didn't have to worry about the rear end coming around on me doesn't mean I wasn't having fun.  I absolutely love driving my Corvair but I also loved driving that Golf.  I like 'em both I guess.  But to say FWD is bad or dangerous is just wrong in my book.

mikeH