<VV> shift tube

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Fri Apr 13 17:29:37 EDT 2007

I put a couple of short lengths of 3/4" copper in mine.  I was told to use
thin wall, type M, but found that type L worked just as well.

I would not try and put it the whole length of the tube for the simple
reason that any kinks at all in the shifter rod and/or tube and you will get
a bind.  Instead, a short piece 18" or less coming in from each end and you
essentially have a couple of really long bushings.

Mine shifts beautifully,

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY
66 Monza 140/4sp