<VV> Rampy Info Search

Mike Jacobi mvjacobi at comcast.net
Sat Apr 14 10:57:51 EDT 2007

--
Hi

My wife's gradual loss of mobility forces me to look to other venues than my
63 Monza Vert to get my Corvair fix.  It seems to me that a nice rampy would
be the perfect answer to our need to carry along her electric mobility
scooter...with the ramp letting us simply drive the scooter on and off of
the truck, no expensive lift needed.

So I am beginning my Rampside quest.  But I am in need of some guidance.

1.  With rampsides versus Monza Verts, does Similar condition = similar
value?  Or do rampsides typically go for more or less typically than an
early turbo vert in the same shape?

2. What are some key points to review when buying?  Which areas are more apt
to be problems than others?  "What to look for when buying"

3.  How do they handle versus the standard early Corvair cars?  Can you
comfortably do long highway trips in them?

Thanks in advance for your shared experiences in this.  I'm going to hate to
give up the Monza, but if the rampy works out, I can keep Corvairing!

Mike Jacobi

"When all is said and done, more will be said than done"