<VV> Rampy Info Search

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 14 12:01:35 EDT 2007

Based on my experience....

C.I.T

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Mike Jacobi
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 7:58 AM
To: virtual Vairs
Subject: <VV> Rampy Info Search

--
Hi

My wife's gradual loss of mobility forces me to look to other venues than my
63 Monza Vert to get my Corvair fix.  It seems to me that a nice rampy would
be the perfect answer to our need to carry along her electric mobility
scooter...with the ramp letting us simply drive the scooter on and off of
the truck, no expensive lift needed.

So I am beginning my Rampside quest.  But I am in need of some guidance.

1.  With rampsides versus Monza Verts, does Similar condition = similar
value?  Or do rampsides typically go for more or less typically than an
early turbo vert in the same shape?

>>You'll find that most RS fit into two extremes with very little
inbetween... Either used as a work truck and flogged to death, or kept very
well over the years and in great shape.  Rampsides in the latter condition
are bringing as much as turbo 'verts.

2. What are some key points to review when buying?  Which areas are more apt
to be problems than others?  "What to look for when buying"

>>Like any old car, look for rust.  The dog legs at the door sill is the
worst place, followed by around the gas filler and bottom of the ramp door
and under the battery.

3.  How do they handle versus the standard early Corvair cars?  Can you
comfortably do long highway trips in them?

>>I love doing highway trips in my rampy.  Bench seat is like a sofa, and
she mostly just floats along with the only noise being from the wind, as you
are so removed from the motor.

Thanks in advance for your shared experiences in this.  I'm going to hate to
give up the Monza, but if the rampy works out, I can keep Corvairing!

My .02, hope this helps.

Regards,
Joel

"When all is said and done, more will be said than done"