<VV> RE: installing a cam?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 13:01:08 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/13/2007 2:09:33 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
slowboat at mindspring.com writes:

Personally I have, in the past, had a block exhibit the
dreaded  tight spot using the factory torque sequence

Andy,
 I personally have NEVER experience a "dreaded tight spot" as you  describe
it in any of my engine rebuilds using the shop manual sequence. And all  my
clearences have been set rather tight (0.0015"). Of couse I tighten the case
bolts in 5-10 ft-lb increments, turning the crank after each. But still, I have
never had to go back and start over or found a "high spot". IMO there is
something seriously wrong if a high spot is encountered. You've got something
out-of-round, or some other problem if this happens in my opinion. Maybe a
warped case?  Do you think that the factory got high spots?

Regards,
Bob Helt