<VV> corvair plastic model pics

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Sun Apr 15 15:15:16 EDT 2007

Greetings all,

     Since the weather was too cold for me to work on my real Vair project yesterday I finally built the plastic model of my first Vair.  I'm building a plastic model of each of the four antique cars I have owned... this is the second.  The goal is to make each of the models as exact as my abilities will allow.  I even bought additional model kits of other cars to get the correct wheels for each.  The corvair had old paint with no gloss, so I dry sprayed the model =P.

     I'm no professional, so dont expect too much!  Also note the camera flash brought out every imperfection etc.  Enjoy the pics!

First, a pic of my first Corvair that I bought back in 2001, the car I built the model of:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/myfirstvair.jpg

The first pic of the completed model:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/vairmodel1.jpg

Rear angle on the model:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/vairmodel2.jpg

Attempt at an interior shot:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/vairmodelint.jpg

And last, a pic of the engine compartment:  Note: this model kit came as a 140hp engine, I built the model as a 110 which required considerable modification to the carb/air cleaner assembly.  The air cleaner was the dual snorkel type, I modified it to a single.  I didnt have any pics of a 110 handy so I dont know if I remembered the carb and snorkel orientation correctly, but odds are no one will ever see under the hood of this thing after today!  (so why did I go to all that trouble?).   Also I left the battery and spare tire out on purpose as I did not like the way they looked.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/vairmodeleng.jpg

For anyone who is interested below is a pic of the first in the series, my black primer Chevelle I owned from 01' to 03'.

Real car:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/mychevelle.jpg

Plastic model:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/chevellemodel.jpg