<VV> Installing a Cam

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sun Apr 15 16:43:55 EDT 2007

Smitty says:  I know there are bent cranks out there but I have only run into one that caused a binding when rotated.  On the other hand I have run into many that had a binding caused by some idiot pressing the crank gear off or on and distorting the teeth or a near invisible distortion of a tooth or two on the cam gear.  In all cases the truth was brought to light by removing the cam and re torquing the block with the crank in it.  If it spins free, you have your answer.