<VV> April commuique

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Apr 16 11:02:58 EDT 2007

I'm going to answer all you guys at once.

To those who want me to upgrade to high-speed, I'd do it in a heartbeat
- IF YOU PAY THE BILL!!! What a stupid comment, spending other people's
hard-earned money. Didn't you read my comments about it being
unaffordable around here? WAKE UP!!! And spend your own d@$^% money, not
mine.

Second, as far as offering it a month late, it's a valid suggestion. The
idea of offering it a month late is to eliminate the need for "members
only" passwords, and the maintainence that would add, and NOT to address
the "gotta have it NOW" mentality. In fact, I am discounting the idea of
getting it electronically, just so you can have the drop on those of us
who, for reasons valid only to ourselves, have or want to get it
conventionally. As I said, CORSA is NOT an internet-based club. Get over
it.

FYI The idea of "paper dying out" is rediculous. They've been saying
that about books, magazines, etc. since forever, and I don't see any
evidence of that. If anything, all that electronic media does is ADD to
the ways information is distributed. It does NOT, nor ever will, REPLACE
anything.

And as far as saying "geek" as namecalling, where on earth did you get
THAT idea? It's a label, something everyone does in describing certain
groups. Some on this list are fond of "labeling" people they don't like
with what they consider derogatory names. (Like "liberal" - hint, hint.)
Such is not the case with geek. It simply identifies those who are heavy
into electronic things. And that, really, is all a matter of degree. By
comparison, those who Hank mentioned would consider myself a geek. So
what? I wouldn't be offended. In fact, I'm a bit flattered. So be
flattered, too.

Finally, I really DON'T have anything against the CC being in electronic
form. Just as long as it's NOT the only form, nor gives anyone an unfair
advantage over anyone else. And THAT should be the main consideration.

-Mark

Just when I thought the issue was dead again!

Mark, you obviously don't understand the issue. Why would you criticize,
and start calling people names, just because they are
trying to help make our organization better? For the record, I was one
of the members that forwarded the suggestion to the
BOD that we make the Communique available in electronic format. After
some additional research on my part, I have come to
realize that this may, at least at this time, cost more than it saves
due to the extra burden of managing the member database.

I don't believe anyone suggested that the Communique be distributed
electronically ONLY, so if it upsets you that it would take
a half an hour to download it, just get the hard copy or upgrade to high
speed access. It's that simple. I doubt that anyone is
going to drive out to the boonies to twist your arm.

My motivation behind the initial suggestion was to try to limit the next
dues increase. Now, if you don't want people to think 'out
of the box' and forward suggestions, then I suggest you get out there
and start convincing everyone you know to join Corsa,
because that is what it's going to take to keep our dues in check. If
you have any thoughts on how to do this, I'm sure that I, as
well as the BOD, would love to hear them.........  I'm listening.

In case you haven't realized it yet, I don't consider myself a "noisy
Geek"

  A month after?

  hmmm....I thought the whole discussion was about getting the
communiqué
  on time (like the first of the month).

  Maybe I missed the point, but if a geek has the issue in hand, why in
the heck
  would he/she want to wait a month for someone else to digitize it for
them?
  [ Geeks could digitize things you know ! ]

  The most logical thing would be, for you, as a non-geek, to avoid
discussing
  anything communiqué related until EVERYONE gets their issue, sayyy,
ummm,
  22nd of the month?! :))

  Tony I.

End of discussion, as far as I'm concerned!

Gee Mark.....you must be one of those folks that think digital watches
are
"high-tech"!

FWIW, "dial-up" is dying FAST, so that little argument is largely
self-eliminating, and paper for ANY periodical is going the way of the
dodo
(I get my Autoweek electronically).  Adapt or go extinct----it's a
binary
solution-set!