<VV> April commuique

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 16 22:11:35 EDT 2007

I was going to stay out of this one.  Really I was.  But, something
previously unmentioned entered my feeble head.

As much as I prefer the paper mag, so I can bend my bookshelves with years
and years of them, the pictures are too small (for obvious reasons of cost).
Here I am with a 21" monitor and my Corsa mag comes with 2.1" pictures.  I
don't read with glasses because of my super vision.

IF we were to offer a downloadable version of the mag (in my case as an
extra - which I'd certainly be willing to pay extra for), Harry and crew
could include high-res color versions of all the pics.  I'm sure the pics
don't start out as tiny black and white postage stamps.  Frankly, that would
more than double the worth of the mag to me, so I'd be willing to pay a
pretty big premium for the service.

While they're at it, our fine club directors could offer some screensaver
software that displays these cool pictures.  Or, I have a package that I
wrote to continually change the desktop picture like a screensaver, but it
runs all the time.  It runs on NT, Win2K, and XP and I'd donate it to the
cause.

I'm also sure Harry and crew just sit around and drink beer all day, so they
have nothing better to do than build a special digital version of the mag.
That way all the extra income would be gravy for Corsa.

Roger

PS:  For the April Communique challenged, the comment about Harry and crew
was a JOKE.