<VV> Corvair powered 1970 911 Targa w/110hp & powerglide on ebay

Tamias Metis korvayrouille66 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 02:50:26 EDT 2007

Ebay item 190103985168  is an old  1970 911 Targa that has a 110hp and powerglide.  It appears a little rough  has salvage title and is not the factory color.   I don't know anything about this car.  I just saw it on ebay.  I'm not in the market,   just thought it was interesting.  Said to be a powerglide - just wondering where they placed the shift lever control for the powerglide- I didn't see it,  just the factory 911 shifter.   The paint on this thing looks rough, black when it was red from Stuttgart.  The BIN seems a bit high as does the starting bid.  There is no telling how crude or crummy this conversion is.   I would have guessed that the manual 4speed would have been prefered for sportiness.    A  Corvair powered 911 Targa certainly would be interesting and a cost effective way to resurrect and run an old 911.  This one may not be a suitable candidate.   I just wanted to point this out .   Sure transplanting a different manufacturer's drivetrain into a vehicle,
 ruins that vehicle's market resale value,  but in the case of many old 911's that are still solid other than needing engine rebuilding that will cost far more than the current market value of a solid, driveable, old 911  -  It would make sense to install a Corvair drivetrain into a 911.  After all those non running old Porsche 911's are worth very little and are likely destined to become a parts car  due to the huge difference to repair versus the market value of those cars.  Usually, only the most pristine, extremely nice, low mileage, rust free,  old 911's are currently being saved  as it is simply not worth the cost to do so.     - Tamias  Metis