<VV> Important Things

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Tue Apr 17 11:01:07 EDT 2007

I rarely Me Too, nor am I a Charter VV member. But I'd like to echo Smitty's sentiment.
As a former VV Chairman, every time the "I didn't get my Magazine yet" thread starts, the hair on the back of my neck stands up, because it's going to be a long siege.

Don't feel bad, Harry Yarnell and I both can tell you the Riviera club has the same problems, and their magazine is BI-Monthly.

There once was  a club newsletter editor who didn't get an edition out on time.  One of the members hand wrote a newsletter, made xerox copies of it, and mailed it out himself, because he felt that he paid his dues to get a newsletter every month.

I'm not tellin' who either the editor or the member was, but most VV'ers know them both. I can see where that member was coming from in a different light now than 15 odd years ago.

End of the day, Smitty's nailed this one as usual. This topic gets beaten TO DEATH every time it comes up. And every time it DOES come up, we LOSE MEMBERS.  I have no issue with the Corvair Center, I don't look at it myself. The Corvair Center is not CORSA's e-mail list.  V V is.

We lost a lot of tech when we lost lclc, Steve Goodman, Ken Hand, etc etc,  I don't want to lose Smitty, and the  rest of our techies to a non CORSA site because of the sound to noise ratio (Bryan, ever listen to Sonar?).

I believe in Free Speech. But perhaps it's time to censor the Communique I DIDN'T GET MINE YET Threads when they start.  I'd hate to see more members leaving CORSA's site because of this kind of stuff.

Smitty, keep the faith, bud.

I'm no longer a Vairorg member so,

Vairorg, perhaps you should take note.

Hank