<VV> Electric Power for Corvairs?

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 13:49:45 EDT 2007

Not really versed in electric vehicles, but since this is a  legitimate
topic, I will reply and post a question I had on it when I  read the article on the
Rampside.

I know battery power and technology is the issue with electric  vehicles.  I
personally love the looks of the Chevy Volt, and would  consider one for a
second car, maybe main vehicle with the exception of long  trips.  The car may
not be built because of the lack of development of  lith. ion batteries, or
something like that.

Now the question.  I noticed the Rampside uses 6-volt batteries.   Is there a
reason for this?  Why not 12-volt?  Wouldn't they offer  more power?

Todd in TX