<VV> WAS Not really enjoying VV anymore NOW enjoy corvairs

vair65 at netzero.net vair65 at netzero.net
Tue Apr 17 13:53:04 EDT 2007

Norm and Connie,
Great idea!  Enjoy the Corvair!  I think this is an exclusive club that you are in, the ETC (enjoy the corvair).  I am still stuck in Group Red.  However great progress has been made on the Rampy.  I have completed the rear suspension rebuild, brake rebuild (new all the way around) and have obtained new paws in the corners.  There are many little things left to get her on the road and out of Group Red (all ready technically out with new paws, but I won't consider it out until it is on the road).  Since the weather is starting to warm up I feel that I will be able to get some of these little things wrapped up soon.
Norm, I will let you know when that EDD is so you can update group red.  Will you be at the Mad Anthony Corvair Classic in Fort Wayne, In. on May 4,5 & 6th?
Keith Hammett
soon to be member ETC
-----snip---------

While I agree with Norm and I am not really enjoying the list these days, I
am thoroughly enjoying my car.  This weekend brought the death of a
classmate and teammate due to drunk driving.  She left a 6 and 12 year old
behind. We've all seen the VA Tech news.  Reminders of how precarious life
is and how easily it is wasted, abused and taken for granted.  I thought of
reverting to some old bad habits to escape.  But............I had my car.  I
threw the top down, plugged in that new Ipod thingy at full blast and drove
and drove and drove. Much more fun now that all 4 carbs will kick in. ;) I
was approached by scary looking grunge teenagers with pants down to their
knees who wanted to know, "What's that cool car lady?  Can we look at it?"
I had rappers pulling along side in their pimped out rides to give me "the
nod", old ladies walking and waving, little kids jumping and pointing.  Not
one of them pointed out that it's not finished yet, my spokes could be
shinier, a rock chipped my brand new windshield, it has no sound system, the
wheel well moldings may or may not be correct for that year, or asking when
I received my Communique.  But they all got a smile out of the 40 something
crazy lady in the pretty car.  And I, for one, remembered that there are
more important things to be concerned about.

Remember streamers on your bicycle handles?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mHaFMqde6A

Connie
Iowa
65 Corsa Vert