Brakes. was <VV> Electric Power for Corvairs?

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 17 16:37:20 EDT 2007

Speaking of which....The dual MC conversions that are currently being sold
don't come with the shuttle block (that's the big ugly hunk of steel with
all the brake lines into and out of that sits next to the MC in a factory
installation).
    I vaguely recall this was discussed somewhat on VV some time ago, but I
can't remember if we reached any conclusions.

Anyway, the question is- if you install a MC without the shuttle block and
there's a (for instance) wheel cylinder failure, Do you get the benefit of
the dual MC still providing braking at the other end of the car? Or do you
have to have the shuttle slide over to the (now) unpressurized side of the
block in order to have 1/2 brake activation? In other words, are we kidding
ourselves installing a dual MC without the shuttle block?
Andy Clark
Camano Island, WA.
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone