<VV> Electric Power for Corvairs?

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Tue Apr 17 14:27:54 EDT 2007

I briefly checked and both the early and the late electric Vairs made by GM
were powered by zinc based batteries and, by today's standards relatively
inefficient motor/controller combinations.

BTW, before anybody brings up the obvious battery limitations, I'm seeing
this a secondary vehicle that would get occasional use doing round trips of
20 miles or less per day on secondary roads so a 200 mile range or high
performance are not issues in my case. But mostly, it has the potential of
being an interesting project.

Bob
66 180 convertible (a keeper!)