<VV> Electric Power for Corvairs?

Ron ronh at owt.com
Tue Apr 17 14:45:06 EDT 2007

This "secondary vehicle" status has been the big handicap for electric
vehicles for the last forty years and even though many millions of dollars
have been spent on battery research, nothing has come up yet that would
allow an electric vehicle to obtain primary use status.  I was at General
Atomics when they spent many millions with some of the countries best
scientists trying to make the zinc-air battery concept work and could never
make it go.  So, so far there still isn't a battery system beyond the old
lead acid concept and that isn't enough.
RonH