<VV> Not really enjoying VV anymore

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Tue Apr 17 17:56:13 EDT 2007

I really don't pay any attention to the tripe. It is a target rich
enviroment for a wise ass like me though!
We finally have some nice weather here too. Ya can't beat a Corvair for
bringing a smile to people, ecpecially if they have a fond memory of one.
As for attention, when I took the track car out the last time for a little
shake down run I really got the looks. The paint job alone attracts people.
I think the next time out I will wear my helmet and racing gloves. Should be
good for some conversation at the light!
Speaking of my track car, I did a job that the racers have all mentioned. I
removed all the C clips on the accellerator linkage and replaced them with
cottor pins. Also, I replaced the rubber bushings with steel and nylon. I
found long ago that if you gring a flat spot on a round piece it makes
drilling a hole in it easier. Also I did not have to heat anything to drill
it. That includes the rod from the tranny bellcrank to the carb cross shaft.
I used a 3/32" bit and stainless cotter pins. That would be "carter key" to
you rednecks!

I got an invite from a friend of mine to bring my track car down to the
local Vo-Tech Friday for a show and tell for his auto shop students. Might
be a good place to spread the Corvitis strain.
Well, gotta get down to the shop.

Rick Norris