<VV> Much happier now

Norm Witte norman.witte at comcast.net
Tue Apr 17 20:49:25 EDT 2007

Thanks to everyone who chimed in with on topic posts today.  I enjoyed Tony's account of his brake failure (well, "enjoyed" is the wrong word since it sounds like a harrowing experience, but I am glad he, his daughter and the venerable '60 are all ok), The many other stories about people pulling their cars out and getting them on the road were great.  Thank you.

I'm still having a lot of driveability issues with my '65 turbo.  One I noticed is that it has an idle problem I can't lick.  It wants to stall sitting at a light, but I can't hold it at a slightly faster idle.  If I touch the gas at all it revs and then drops back; I can't maintain a steady idle.

What's up with that?  It does have a Safeguard that doesn't seem to work right, and a couple of small fuel leaks that I need to deal with pronto.

Issues, issues, issues.

--
Norm Witte
DeWitt, Michigan

The Internet: a fantastic new technology that combines the accuracy of fourth-hand hearsay with the excitement of typing.