<VV> Electric Power for Corvairs?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Apr 18 02:03:58 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/17/2007 6:00:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,  mark at noakes
.com writes:

I'm  surprised...or maybe I missed it as I'm bad about skipping posts...
that no  one has mentioned the Li-ion technology that the Tesla is using
and that  has been extensively discussed even here.  It's almost ready
for  prime time but pretty darned expensive for a lowly Corvair and the
safety  issues require more than a hobby level of engineering to
implement...but  you can get quite a bit of range out of them now.  THE
issue is  cost.

Mark Noakes

There is probably a great source for Li-ion batteries. Old laptop cells!
Sony has truck loads of them. You would have to bundle in a fire  extinguisher
system, though! (The Tesla does not use the Sony cells - this does  not apply to
the Tesla, etc, etc.) - Seth