<VV> harmonic balancer

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Apr 18 02:16:59 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/17/2007 6:29:39 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
johngull at bellsouth.net writes:

Need  help figuring out the most reliable harmonic balancer 140 motor-Clarks
vs.  Dale manufacturing? Any advice will be helpful.

John,
I doubt that you will get any definitive explanations or data. So all you
probably will have to go on is some possible logic to consider.

Dale is rebuilding the original factory units and tuning them to the stated
factory frequency. (they ARE tuned, you know!!) He has done over 5000 of these
 and has an excellent record. Besides he provides a lifetime warranty. How
can  you go wrong?

Clark's is selling units that are either made by or for racer Bob  Coffin (as
I understand it). These are new units. But are they built and tuned  to the
Chev factory specs? Or are they built to a better spec? And what might  that
spec be? This might require some investigation to determine. If they are,  then
it's probably just a matter of cost and availability.

In my opinion, the factory damper was really inadequate for racing and one
should consider adapting a viscous-type damper.
Regards,
Bob Helt