Trashing Corvairs, was: <VV> Show us your Vairs!!! FUN!!

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed Apr 18 11:09:06 EDT 2007

I think the worst example of a "gen-u-ine rednek (as Tony defines him)
story" I ever saw involves a really nice '63 700 4door that the local
librarian sold. At the time, it was 9 years old w/26,000 miles on it.
Concours perfect except for a small dent in the right side eyebrow where
she had bumped a parking meter, and a metal flaw rust spot in the door
jamb seam just behind the left rear door handle that was about a half
inch long. Perfect '63 rear grille, too.

I didn't have any money at the time, so she sold it for $300 to a local
yahoo, who gave it to his daughter to drive to high school. Within a
year the car was trash, and the first thing that had gotten ripped up
was that PERFECT '63 rear grille. Especially nowadays, it would be
enough to bring a concours person to tears.....

-Mark