<VV> Grant steering wheel

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed Apr 18 14:18:02 EDT 2007

> >1. The turn signal switch lever nearly rubs the steering wheel.  Can the
> angle of the lever be
> >easily changed?  Is the lever steel or pot metal?  Can it be heated and
> bent without destroying the
> >chrome plating?

Depending on the diameter you might want to get a telescopic wheel turn
signal lever, it is about 3/4" shorter than the stock lever, Mine bent to
clear the Grant 1760 without any trouble.

> >2. As Clark's points out in their literature, the cover post(Grant
> Adapter) rubs against the top of
> >the mast jacket on the steering column.  I have a couple of ideas for
> alleviating that problem as
> >well, but open to suggestions.

Grant makes several different sizes of covers, a #3 (stamped on face) will
rub as you mention but a #2 will clear the column. I suspect you have a #3.
An e-mail to grantproducts at sbcglobal.net should result in ordering information.

I am surprised that no-one has ever just made a 5/8"-3/4" spline adapter
that would fit over the spline on a 64-66 steering column and mate with a
later GM wheel (adapters still available). Everything is in compression so
there should be no danger of slipping.

Padgett