<VV> RE Late-lates

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 13:02:13 EDT 2007

<snip>That's what I meant by "late-lates" : 66-69, whereas the 65 models
> were unique in the visual aspect of the wheel well trim (among other
things).

> There were many other small differences from year to year (EM and LM),
> but the most noticeable on the LM was the difference between wheel
> trim moldings, "thick" then "thin."
>
> (There are also the rear grill and front crossbar and Saginaw 4-speed,
> of course, in which the 66 through 69 diverged from the 65, as well.)
>
> Therefore the newly coined term "late-late" (or LM^2 ?).
>
> Chaz <usnip>

I'd be happy to share the credit, but I believe I'm the one who started the
"Late-late" thing about three or four years ago.  It comes in handy when
discussing brakes and safety distinctions.  About two months ago, I put out
a plea for a late-late, and ended up finding the '68 Solar Sprint that now
sits in my driveway.  My daughter (6) calls it the "Bee car" because it's
yellow with a black Sprint vent-top and black rear cove...
Craig Nicol